If you want to embark on a career as a graphic designer or art director, InDesign CS5 is a design programme that you’ll need to learn how to master. The software lets you design engaging page layouts for print or digital with the built in tools and precise control over typography.
With Pitman Training, you’ll go through the software in depth, learning how to create pages with different sizes in a single document, add interactivity, motion, sound, and video to documents and presentations, exporting directly to SWF for playback in the Adobe Flash® Player runtime.
On completion of this course, you will receive a Pitman Training Course Completion certificate*. With InDesign CS5 on your CV you’ll be able to demonstrate that you have the essential skills to work in any busy creative studio. In essence this highly engaging course will allow you to fully express your creativity and bring it to life, whether you’re creating brochures for print or designing pages to be used in presentations or online.
• The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
• The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate
• The opportunity to gain certification which is recognised by industry computing manufacturers and organisations
* Please note that Vendor specific exams may need to be organised separately.
To learn all the newest features on InDesign CS5 to add interactivity, motion, sound, and video to documents and presentations.
Designed for those wishing to pursue a career in graphic design. Prior to starting this course you will need an understanding of design, some knowledge of computers and working online.
There are three sessions in this course covering: -
Session 1 Introduction, InDesign Interface Tour, Navigating Documents, Laying Out a Document, Drawing Objects, Transforming Objects
Session 2 Understanding Colour, Enhanced Colour Options, Working with Spot Colour, Working with Type,
Document Layout, Styles, Working with Graphics
Session 3 Working with Layers, Effects, Working with Tables, Advanced Type, Automation, Export Formats, Preparing for Print
This course will take around 30 hours to complete.
This course can be studied online. This means, you have the flexibility to study our InDesign CS5 course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’re ready to go ahead, all you need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre who will be able to talk you through the process and set you up on the online platform, and then you’ll be ready to study the InDesign CS5 course at a time and place convenient to yourself.
To get in touch with your nearest centre that offers and supports our online InDesign CS5 courseclick here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.