Legal Secretarial Diploma
Our Legal Secretarial Diploma is designed to give you the specialist knowledge and understanding that is required to work within the legal profession or the legal department of a large firm. So whether you’re a newly-experienced secretary or you’ve been in the role for a while, becoming a Legal Secretary is within your reach.
With the Pitman Training Legal Secretarial Diploma you’ll be able to confidently display your sector specific skills, with a broad understanding of various aspects of the law, including terminology, the court system and legal personnel.
For those of you who live in Scotland, there is also a Scottish version of this Diploma; so no matter where you work in the UK, you can be confident you’ve received the very best training with our legal secretary courses.
- Flexible training which fits around your commitments
- Support on hand from our friendly course advisors
- Get the skills in demand by employers
A trusted level of expertise that will help get you the job.
The Legal Secretarial Diploma offers you the best of both worlds. Not only will you get the highest level of secretarial skills required to work in any business, you’ll also get the specialist expertise required to work within a legal environment. You’ll understand the language of the law, have excellent IT skills and be a great communicator.
Once you become a Legal Secretary, you could progress to the position of senior PA in a larger firm. And, with further training, you could go on to become a legal executive, paralegal or licensed conveyancer.
Businesses throughout the UK recognise the Pitman Training name as a sign that you have been trained to the very highest level.
Specialist skills to get a job as a trusted Legal Secretary.
The Legal Secretarial Diploma consists of ten Core Courses
- Legal Secretarial – An Introduction
- Legal Secretarial modules (two of your choice from list of specialist legal modules)
- Typing (choose from selection)
- Typing Speed Development
- Effective Business Communication OR Business Document Production
- Microsoft Word or Word Expert
- Microsoft Excel or Excel Expert
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Audio Transcription
You then also choose one additional elective course to suit your requirements.
The guideline learning time for the Legal Secretarial Diploma is: -
- 200 hours flexi study or 7 weeks full-time*
*Full-time is based on approx. 20-30 hours a week.
Our Legal Secretarial Diploma has courses which can be accessed online, via our distance learning portal and courses which you will need to study in one of our centres.
This means that you have the flexibility to study our Legal Secretarial Diploma in different ways:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead, all you’ll need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre that offers and supports our distance learning platform, and they will arrange for you to have an induction to show you around the system and talk you through how our online training works. After this, you can learn in your own time and at your own speed, but with the knowledge you have support at hand if required.
To find your nearest centre that offers and supports our Legal Secretary Diploma, click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.