Minute Taking Skills Online
Minute Taking Skills Online has been created to bring your minute taking and note taking skills into the 21st Century, to ensure you’re up to date with the latest technology and best practice guidelines.
The office environment is changing. Minute taking is changing. It’s important to update your skills, to ensure you are keeping up with new ways of working. Whilst the basics of minute taking remains the same, these days the wider scope of how meetings are run means that these skills need to be adapted to fit multi-media ways of working.
Broken down into 6 modules this online interactive course is a fun, quick way of topping up your skills. Using video and practical exercises the format of this course makes it quick to work through, and easy for you to adapt to include new working practices.
This interactive course is great for PAs, EAs and Admin Assistants. It’s intended for anyone in a supportive role who has a responsibility for documenting meetings and recording actions required. The practical elements you cover are great whether you’re in a job and need to top up your skills, or whether you’re looking to prove in interviews that you’re ahead of the game.
Minute Taking Skills Online walks you through best practices methods of minute taking and note taking and introduces some new ways of working that you might not yet have experienced.
With Minute Taking Skills Online you’ll cover:-
- The Roles in a Meeting: You’ll identify the steps of a meeting cycle, clarify the roles of the Chair and the Minute Taker to ensure that you’re really clear on the responsibilities that come with your role.
- Minute Taker Behaviour: This module highlights poor minute taking procedures and bad practice so you can see how not to do it, as well as identifying the best practice approach so you can integrate these into your ways of working.
- Agenda and Writing Minutes: This covers creating an Objectives Agenda and identifying a variety of styles for writing minutes, so you have a suite of options to choose from that can be used as and when you have different requirements.
- Note Taking and Practice: Practical exercises help you to develop an effective note taking style, and get used to note taking from modern ways of working, such as taking minutes from videos of meetings
- Mind Mapping Practice: You’ll learn how to develop a method of note taking using a mind map and visual aids, to give you options of different ways of recording information and thoughts
- Creating a Meeting Brief: A very practical course, we ensure that you are always focused on getting strong outputs from what you learn. We cover creating a Meeting Brief and producing an Action Checklist to ensure you have clear structure to you minute making.
This course is a great, quick, way to keep up with how things are changing in the office environment. It’s modular approach enables you to work through sections at a time and the practical exercises ensure you have taken the previous information on board before moving on. Minute Taking Online can be completed in just 4 hours, from the comfort of your home or office.
This course can be studied online. This means, you have the flexibility to study our Minute Taking Online course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work – with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix – in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you’re ready to go ahead, all you need to do is contact your nearest Pitman Training centre who will be able to talk you through the process and set you up on the online platform, and then you’ll be ready to study the Minute Taking Online course at a time and place convenient to yourself.
To get in touch with your nearest centre that offers and supports our online Minute Taking course click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.