Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 is the latest version of the best-selling photo editing software.
If you want to learn how to manipulate and change images, there is no better software than Photoshop. We see its’ effect every day of our lives on magazine covers, newspapers and brochures where designers will tweak photos to enhance and edit them to look their absolute best.
You’ll work with real-life photos, so you can really build up some essential, practical, hands-on experience.
Once your training is complete, you will gain a Pitman Training Certificate and be able to put the highly regarded Pitman Training name on your CV.
Having completed this course you’ll be able to edit photographs and use animated features to create amazing photos, both for use at home or in your career.
This course is ideal for complete beginners as it will take you through some of the main features of this software step-by-step, right from the start.
So many roles require the knowledge of this software, such as graphic designers, web designers, animators, photographers, illustrators and many more. It’s not just useful in the working world, it’s also a great tool for enhancing and playing around with your own family photographs.
In order to complete this course you’ll need to be familiar with Windows Explorer.
The course comprises eight lessons:
- Understanding the Elements Organiser and creating and adding photos to a catalogue, as well as adding star ratings and key words to tag images;
- Getting to know and use Photoshop Editor in full, guided and quick modes; basic image manipulation such as cropping and adjusting colours;
- Using the full range of tools provided by Photoshop Elements 10 such as the magic wand, lasso and eraser tools. You’ll then move on to more sophisticated tools such as the eyedropper, paint bucket, sponge, bund and dodge tools;
- Layers – creating, hiding and viewing layers as well as editing layers, aligning, flipping, linking, merging and deleting layers;
- Converting images and adjusting images to change images in whole or part and printing images;
- Using tools to refine images such as the spot healing tool, the dust and scratches filter and the clone tool as well as using text masks;
- Creating photo collages, changing their layouts, adding artwork and text and sharing your photos.
The course takes around 20 – 25 hours to complete.
Our Adobe Photoshop Elements course can be studied in any of our handy, local centres.
This means that you have the flexibility to study the Photoshop course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
To find your nearest centre, click here.
The best way to make sure your training programme suits you, your skills, your ambitions and your busy schedule, is to get in touch with us for a free, friendly expert career consultation.